we are not short on gorgeous days and beautiful scenery, that's certain. life is busy and i'm learning to live with unmet expectations and a lot of unknowns. something changed in my heart lately, and the only thing i can attribute it to is the Lord working in me, making me less like myself. which is such a wonderfully refreshing thing.
our giants are in the world series, and i get to pass the torch on to my kiddos... i grew up a giants fan, went to games at candlestick, and to now watch my kids enjoy baseball and get excited about it is all kinds of fun. it's also been a nice lighthearted distraction from the heaviness of this year we have had. we're keeping very busy with homeschool, and i'm in a busy photo season. i'm realizing that homeschooling plus working on the weekends is exhausting. (no surprise there, right?) : ) i'm thankful the Lord provides like He does. i had a wedding last weekend and several sessions coming up. and i quit coffee and most caffeine. (oops, bad timing!).
here are some things i'm enjoying/thinking on/discovering -
1. mrs. potter - this is monica potter's (kristina braverman) blog and shop. my bff told me about this and i've been obsessed ever since. she has amazing ideas and diy's, but i'm most struck by her down-to-earth-ness. i want to be her friend.
2. tangrams - you remember these from childhood, right? they are from our homeschool charter (aka - i didn't have to pay for them, but they are so worth it, i would pay for them in a second!), and have provided hours of play for the kids. and since geometric shapes are involved, they're learning, too. or that's what i tell myself. ; )
3. twice - it's an online consignment shop! i have gotten about $140 worth of clothes for $5 something. they have brands like anthropologie, madewell, and free people, too! here's how you save for your first visit: get $80ish worth of clothes for a few dollars (aka - practically FREE)
1. click this link to get a $10 credit for creating an account with Twice.
2. download the Twice app on your mobile device(s), you can download on up to three different devices, to get a $10 credit each time (so up to $30 in credit).
you can also get referral credit when someone clicks on your link (like i would get if you click on mine, please and thank you thank you :))
4. epantry - my friend introduced me to this! you can get pantry items delivered to your door plus get $10 off your first order. the prices are comparable or cheaper than target. here in the bay area it's way easier to avoid going places - parking is hard, places are crowded, so online shopping, especially with free shipping is my friend!
5. this devotional sample from Paul David Tripp is so good! i highly recommend it. click this link and then select "free excerpt" for a 30 day sample.
happy weekend, folks!
the twice link and epantry link are affiliate links, but all opinions are mine.