write random and join in below.
1. we went to one of those ridiculously expensive, pay top dollar for the experience Hibachi grills for my brother's 22nd birthday. kelly and i shared a portion and still managed to come home full to the brim. two days later and we still smell like that place. i am not going to lie, the high calorie consumption was worth it. white sauce? yes please.
2. is it strange that my girl cries if i don't let her see my poopies after i potty??? she looks cute, but don't let that fool ya.
3. as much as i want to remain californian, the longer i'm here the more south carolinian i become, y'all. i even whipped up my southern boy some shrimp and grits. if he forgot why he loved me, this pretty much sealed the deal all over again. ; )
4. hunter's birthday party happened two weeks after his actual day and took place this weekend. the wait just prolonged the partying so he didn't complain one bit. we go very low-key for our kids' parties. like think of spending all of $20 ish bucks on the whole thing. we had homemade egg free cupcakes, juice, presents, and our immediate family helped us party.
5. normally i like to make homemade birthday banners, and cupcake toppers, but when my boy saw Thomas at Target his heart went pitter patter. plus it all only cost $4. i took stickers and put them back-to-back with a toothpick in-between for cupcake toppers. simplest ones i've ever made.
(forgive my icing for it's frumpy-ness. it was a sloppy, busy morning that day.)
6. he wanted to wear his party hat all week until it was party time, of course. he talked about these things for seven straight days. i was painfully confused over his sudden change of heart. the presents and guests were the perfect cure for this cranky onset. so then we partied. hunter wanted it to last for five days. he said so himself.
7. some noteworthy moments:
sage and papa (kelly's dad)... this is a major milestone. sage was content in someones arms, other than my own, for the entire party.
my mom was so ready to steal my bff's baby girl. i don't think she let her go the entire time. that's a grandma for you.
sage and her aunt becky. ps. thank you for the prayers for my sister-in-law, becky and her baby. your encouragement after friday's post was very kind. you sweet things, you.
sage and her gigi (kelly's mom). this picture is very special to us. if you remember, gigi has been very sick for 20+ years but is getting better and better every day. last year at this time she would have not been able to hold a baby. and she was able to hold sage for a good long while. my heart turned to mush.