1. it's treat time! this is Serendipity's of NYC recipe and i about fell over when i found it. then i made it and went to heaven. a few notes: you can substitute almond milk for evaporated milk. it's not as smooth and creamy, but it's healthier and less fattening. also, i bypassed the double boiler (who has time for that?!) and just melted everything in a pot. - it turned out great!
Frozen Hot Chocolate, adapted from: Tasty Kitchen, here
3 tbsp granulated sugar
3 tbsp hot cocoa mix
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cups white chocolate chips
12 ounces evaporated milk, divided
4 1/2 cups ice
whipped cream, to taste
mini marshmallows, to taste
combine sugar, cocoa mix, and butter in the top of a double boiler that is set over gently boiling water. stir often until melted and a smooth paste forms. add semi-sweet and white chocolate chips; stir. as chips melt, slowly stir in 1/2 cup of evaporated milk. stir until smooth. cool to room temp. combine chocolate base mixture, the remaining evaporated milk and ice in a blender. blend until smooth. pour into frosty glasses. top with whipped cream, marshmallows and chocolate chips, if desired. enjoy!
2. look at all that love. squishy face kisses rock our world. and this is just one of my new favorite pictures of them. there's more coming stat, just you wait.
3. trader joe's eggplant cutlets. cheap. healthy. delicious. easy. quick. need i say more??
4. took this beautiful family's pictures on friday evening. downtown Charleston doesn't disappoint.
5. i scored myself this fine assistant for the friday night family session. he was the best sherpa money could buy. only he was free. even better!
6. excuse the stinky phone photo... but this is worthy of a mention. and an invention. this is Hunter's own creation. he sure was thinking of us mama's. it's a RACECAR VACUUM!!! i said, "you mean it zooms around the house super fast vacuuming the floors?!!" he said, "yes!" then i kissed him and wished it were true.
7. shot a lovely church wedding on Saturday. also, this is a phone photo. sometimes i am in love with an iPhone's photo taking. move over Canon. ; )
8. and one more. because i couldn't resist!